Help For Students
We have created a dedicated page to help MxCC students as we transition into a “virtual campus.” Find information about logging into classes, advising, tutoring, library and career development resources, and more here.
Help For Employees
Please see this page for links that may be useful to MxCC faculty and staff transitioning to working and teaching remotely.
Help for Everyone Else
Most departments, faculty, and staff are available to help you virtually. If you’re interested in learning about the different programs we offer, please see this page. Please use our directory to look up individual employees or see the departmental email addresses below.
Need to talk to someone in enrollment services? The following times have been designated for WebEx meetings with our Enrollment Services staff. They will be ready to chat about everything to do with applying to the college and enrolling for classes. Click on any of the days/times below during the designated times to join the chat.
If you would prefer, you may email Enrollment Services staff, they will respond in a timely manner.
If you need to reach the Financial Aid office, you may email them.
Scheduled Webex meetings are also available on Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. Click here to join during the designated times.
Questions about Continuing Education courses? Email them here.
COVID-19 UPDATE: 3/26/2020
This update contains NEW information that supersedes previous updates. Please read carefully.
As you have no doubt heard, the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak is spreading globally and has now been designated as a pandemic by the World Health Organization. We are working closely with the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities President Mark Ojakian to keep our college community as safe and healthy as possible and continue to take every precaution to mitigate potential impact on campus.
The following actions have been taken. These are in effect for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester.
ALL CLASSES AND COLLEGE SERVICES ARE NOW ONLINE
- All classes have been moved to an online-only format. See the Students Resources page for more information and help getting started with online courses. Contact your instructors for specific information related to your classes.
- Students who are enrolled in off-campus clinics, internships, and similar experiential activities: You MUST check with your supervisor, your instructor, or your program coordinator, to determine if your internship can continue through “teleworking” or if you need an “Incomplete” so you can finish your internship at a later date.
- Staff are working very hard to provide services remotely, including academic advising, career and transfer planning, tutoring, enrollment, distance learning, and library services. See the Students Resources page for more information.
- If you need to contact a member of the MxCC staff, please use the directory page to email them or leave a voicemail message.
- The Main Campus in Middletown is closed to the public.
- All classes at the college’s Meriden Center at Platt High School (MxCC @Platt) have been moved to online format for the rest of the semester, even if the Meriden Public Schools reopen.
- Manufacturing classes will NOT be held at Vinal and Wilcox Technical High Schools. Contact your instructor for details on how these classes will be completed.
- The Connecticut Community Colleges have implemented a “Credit/No-Credit” option for students for the Spring 2020 semester. See this announcement for more information.
- All “in-person” events have been cancelled. We are working on options to recognize student achievement through virtual versions of our annual Academic Awards, Academic Convivium, Arts & Media Festival, PTK Initiation, and Scholarship Night.
- The Commencement ceremony originally scheduled for May 28, 2020, has been postponed. We hope to reschedule the ceremony to a date during the summer. We want to ensure students receive the recognition they deserve as well as the diplomas they have earned.
- All students will receive their degrees and certificates upon successful completion at the end of the semester.
- We have made the determination that while the campuses remain shuttered, employees are directed to telework and will receive their pay as normal.
- Student workers will also continue to be paid through the end of the semester. Your supervisors should be contacting you about work you can do remotely.
- MxCC employees will telecommute during this time. All employees are expected to maintain their normal work hours by being available and fit for duty. This includes responding to emails and office voicemails, and being available for conference call meetings during that time.
As one might expect, the situation and conditions are changing by the day—sometimes by the hour. Be assured that we continue to work closely with President Ojakian, the Connecticut Department of Public Health, and the Governor’s Office to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment for all members of our campus community.
Please be safe and be well,
Dr. Steven Minkler, Campus CEO
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
As the global COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak continues to intensify, we are taking every precaution to mitigate any potential impact on campus. Working with the CSCU System Office and under directives issued by President Ojakian and Governor Lamont, Middlesex Community College is trying to be as proactive as possible, amid the rapidly evolving nature of this public health situation.
All of us on campus are collectively responsible for the health of our community. Everyone – regardless of whether you have recently traveled – should continue following some basic steps to protect yourself from coronavirus and other communicable illnesses:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid shaking hands as a greeting.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The following MxCC Events Have Been Cancelled or Postponed Until Further Notice.
Please note that ALL events scheduled on campus through the Spring 2020 semester have been cancelled, even if they are not included on the below list. Your event organizer will be in contact with you if rescheduled.
- Experience College Day 3/18/20
- CT Ornithological Association Annual Meeting 3/21/20
- Middlesex Hospital Women’s Wellness 3/25/20
- PTK Induction Ceremony 3/27/20
- Radiology College Bowl 4/3/20
- Connecticut Optician Conference 4/19/20
- Gilead Compassion Counts 4/23/20
- MILE Volunteer Luncheon 4/28/20