MxCC Computer Club Technology Center
About the Technology Center:
The MxCC Technology Center is a functional technology service learning center for the MxCC community. Hosted by the MxCC Computer Club, it is a hub for hands-on exploration, information sharing, and technology resources.
The Tech Center is staffed by students who use their technical expertise to provide free computer services to MxCC students, faculty, and community members. Equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, the Center provides a safe environment for students to explore and learn.
Operations are overseen by the Technology Center Coordinator: Kristopher Marques.
The Technology Center’s mission is to provide free computer services to MxCC students, faculty and staff. The Center is staffed by students who use their technical expertise to render vital computer services to the campus community. The Technology Center is equipped with state-of-the-art computer equipment that provides a safe environment for students to explore and learn. It also offers Lynda online video training courses to students, free of charge. It is a service-learning environment.
Services we offer at the Technology Center:
- Loaner Laptops: Laptops are available from the Technology Center to be loaned out for the length of one semester at no cost to any student with their college photo ID.
- Software Installation: Did you know all MxCC students and staff get the full Microsoft 365 suite for free? We can unlock and install your fully-featured Office applications, like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- PC Tune-Up and Malware Removal: We diagnose your computer and can remove viruses, trojans, and other malware. We can also speed up your slow-running computer.
- Hardware Repair: We troubleshoot and repair hardware problems. Consultation, resources, and repair services are free of charge (cost of replacement hardware not included)
- Data Backup and Recovery: We can help you back up important system and personal files and recover files in the case of a failure.
- E-Cycling: The Computer Club accepts old or unused electronics for sustainable reuse and easy, safe, and environmentally friendly disposal.
- Laptop Giveaway: Every year, the Computer Club purchases laptops for students in need using donations from generous clients. A panel of faculty judges assesses students’ need to receive a new laptop from this giveaway.
GET SUPPORT FROM THE TECHNOLOGY CENTER TODAY:
Snow Hall Room 512 (Second Floor)
100 Training Hill Road
Middletown, CT 06457
Phone: (860) 343-6922
Hours of Operation
Mondays: 1:30-5 p.m.
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 12:30-4 p.m.
Fridays and Weekends: Closed
Walk-ins also welcome!
Appointments outside of normal operating hours are available by emailing email@example.com and making arrangements with the coordinator.
*Hours of operation and arrangements may vary. For more information, please get in touch with the coordinator.