As we have transitioned to a mostly online campus, this has caused some students heightened anxiety because of the need to navigate a new world of technology at home.
Please know that the Technology Center team is in place and prepared to provide ongoing support for students during hours of operation. We will be able to help with a wide range of technical and computer-related issues.
Students can reach the Technology Center to receive the technical assistance that they need:
- REACH US BY PHONE 860-343-6922: Call the TECH CENTER 24 hours a day to leave a message for a member of our technical staff. When you leave a voicemail an email message will be forwarded to our team. You will receive a reply by one of our team members within a week.
- IF AN IN-PERSON MEETING IS NEEDED, PLEASE CONTACT US ONLINE AND ONE OF OUR TECHS CAN BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- REACH US BY EMAIL MX-TechCenter@mxcc.commnet.edu
- REACH US ON TEAMS: MX-Technology Center – a group within our community
- HOURS of OPERATION: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Wednesday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
The Technology Center is brought to you by Professor Donna Hylton and her team of dedicated Technology Center students!
MxCC Computer Club Technology Center
About the Technology Center:
The MxCC Technology Center, hosted by the MxCC Computer Club under the supervision of faculty advisor Donna Hylton, is a functional technology service center for MxCC students, faculty, and staff. Further, it is the MxCC Computer Club’s hub for hands-on exploration, information sharing, and service learning. At the Center, students are able to hone and apply their technical skills to provide valuable services to our college and community.
The Technology Center’s mission is to provide free computer services to MxCC students, faculty and staff. The Center is staffed by students who use their technical expertise to render vital computer services to the campus community. The Technology Center is equipped with state-of-the-art computer equipment that provides a safe environment for students to explore and learn. It also offers Lynda online video training courses to students, free of charge. It is a service-learning environment.
Services we offer at the Technology Center:
- Loaner Laptops
- We lend laptop computers to students for the duration of the semester.
- Office 365 installations
- We can help you install your free Office 356 software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.), if you have a valid MxCC student email and banner ID.
- Malware Removal
- We remove malware (ex. trojans, adware, viruses, etc.) from your computer.
- PC Tune-Ups
- We diagnose and speed up your slow running computer.
- Hardware Repair
- We troubleshoot and repair many hardware problems.
- Data/System Backup
- We can help you backup up your computer system and personal files.
- Recover Data
- We can recover your important files and data when your operating system fails.
- Other Services
- We can assist you with other technology related issues. Stop in with a technology related questions and we will help or direct you to the proper resource.
During Earth Week the Computer Club partners with Green Monster to host a free e-cycling collection event. Anyone with old or unused electronics is invited to bring them to campus for easy, safe, environmentally sensitive disposal. Items may also be dropped for e-cycling at the Technology Center prior the event.
Every year, the Computer Club accepts essays from students who express the need for their own laptop. A panel of judges, featuring students, faculty, and staff, read the essays and recommendations the writers gather from professors. The entries are ranked using a rubric that addresses different criteria, including the persuasiveness, and the amount of need expressed. The Computer Club then purchases laptops for deserving students using donations they collect at their E-Cycling Event and from generous students, faculty, and staff who, after receiving free services from the Technology Center, opt to contribute.
Room 512 | Snow Hall | MxCC | Middletown Campus.
100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown CT, 06457