- Middlesex Community College Dean’s List for Spring 2022
July 5, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College has recognized students who were named to the dean’s list for the spring 2022 semester. To earn this achievement, full-time matriculated students, who successfully completed 12 or more credits in the semester, must earn a grade point average of at
- MxCC in the Loop – June 2022
- Middlesex Community College Earns 2022–2023 Military Spouse Friendly® School Designation
June 14, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — The national Military Friendly® organization has named Middlesex Community College as a 2022–2023 Military Spouse Friendly® School. The college earned this designation for their leading practices, outcomes and effective programs for military spouses. Earlier this year, the Middlesex received Gold level status as
- MxCC in the Loop – Commencement 2022
- Middlesex Community College Celebrates Resilient Class of 2022
May 27, 2022 (Meriden, Conn.) — After two years of virtual ceremonies, Middlesex Community College recognized graduates from the class of 2022 with an in-person Commencement that took place on Thursday, May 26, at Orville H. Platt High School in Meriden. The ceremony followed a two-day cap and gown
- Middlesex Community College Foundation Announces Scholarship Awards
May 17, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — The Middlesex Community College Foundation Scholarship Awards Ceremony took place in person on Friday, May 16, 2022. Seventy-five students received $79,250 in awards through 89 total scholarships. The Foundation has also raised $107,600 total for future endowed and annual scholarships.
“We recognize extraordinary
- Middlesex Community College Honor Society Earns National Awards and Inducts New Members
May 2, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — The Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) International Honor Society chapter at Middlesex Community College inducted 75 new members during a campus ceremony on Thursday, April 28, 2022.
The college also announced several national, regional and statewide awards earned by the chapter and individual members
- Renowned Saxophonist Jimmy Greene Named Middlesex Community College’s Commencement Speaker
April 29, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — Renowned Grammy®-nominated jazz saxophonist, composer and professor Dr. Jimmy Greene will be the 2022 commencement speaker at Middlesex Community College. The graduation ceremony will take place at Orville H. Platt High School in Meriden, on Thursday, May 26, at 6 p.m.
- Middlesex Community College Announces Top Leadership Changes
April 14, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College announces that Steven Minkler, who has served as the college’s chief executive officer since 2017, has accepted the position of associate vice president of academic affairs at Central Connecticut State University, effective April 8, 2022. Kimberly Hogan, former dean of
- Middlesex Community College Earns Gold Ranking from Military Friendly® Schools
March 9, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College earned a gold ranking in the national Military Friendly® Schools list for 2022–2023 (small community college category). The college has been recognized at different levels every year since 2011—earning gold previously in 2019.
“It is with great honor and pride
- Middlesex Students Learn from Life-sized Synthetic Cadaver Models
March 1, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College acquired a synthetic human anatomy model to enhance laboratory and online educational experiences for students enrolled in forensic sciences, anatomy and biological sciences courses.
“The college is excited to offer state-of-the-art technology to our students, allowing them to attain a
- MxCC in the Loop – February 2022
- Middlesex Community College Announces Fall 2021 Dean’s List
Feb. 15, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College recognized 353 students who were named to the dean’s list for the fall 2021 semester. They include 47 students from Meriden, 35 from Middletown, 21 from Wallingford, 15 from Portland, and 235 from 82 other cities and towns. To earn
- MxCC in the Loop – January 2022
- MxCC Begins In-Person Spring Semester January 21
Jan. 18, 2022 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) will begin the spring 2022 semester on Friday, January 21, in person as originally scheduled.
“At MxCC, we have done an exemplary job of keeping our community safe while providing excellent services to our students. I am confident that,
- MxCC in the Loop – December 2021 – Raffle Winners!
- Last Chance to Get MxCC Foundation Red Moon Raffle Tickets
To continue the giving spirit of the MxCC Foundation Red Moon Fest fundraiser, consider purchasing a raffle ticket to help fund scholarships and more for MxCC students.
Each $50 ticket gets you a chance to win $5,000 in cash, a 43″ Vizio Smart TV with Samsung sound bar, or
- Gene Haas Foundation Donates $12,000 in Scholarship Award for MxCC Advanced Manufacturing Students
Nov. 23, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) has received $12,000 in grant funding from the Gene Haas Foundation in October. The scholarships, managed by the MxCC Foundation, are based on merit and will be awarded to precision manufacturing students to cover tuition, books and supplies such
- MxCC in the Loop – Thanksgiving 2021
- Middlesex Community College Foundation Recognizes Key Donors at Annual Meeting
Nov. 18, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — The Middlesex Community College Foundation board of directors is pleased to announce the recipients of their donor recognition awards, presented during a virtual annual meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2021. In addition to the awards presentation, the MxCC Foundation elected new members of