- Middlesex Community College Earns Silver Designation from Military Friendly® Schools
Feb. 17, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College has been awarded the 2021–2022 Silver Level Military Friendly® School designation. The Silver Level is defined as a school scoring within 20 percent of the 10th-ranked institution in the national survey for their category.
“It really personally means a lot
- Middlesex Community College Announces Fall 2020 Dean’s List
Feb. 12, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College has recognized students who were named to the dean’s list for the fall 2020 semester. To earn this achievement, full-time matriculated students, who successfully completed 12 or more credits in the semester, must earn a grade point average of at
- Middlesex Community College Student Selected as National DREAM Scholar
Feb. 10, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Achieving the Dream (ATD) announced that Middlesex Community College (MxCC) student Ethan Rossier has been chosen as one of eight national 2021 DREAM Scholars. Rossier is an economics major and honors student from New London, Conn.
The Scholars, chosen from an impressive pool
- Gene Haas Foundation Donates $12,500 in Scholarship Funds for MxCC Advanced Manufacturing Students
February 2, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) has received $12,500 in grant funding from the Gene Haas Foundation. The scholarships, managed by MxCC Foundation, are based on merit and will be awarded to precision manufacturing students to cover tuition, books and supplies that students are required
- MxCC in the Loop — January 2021
- Middlesex Community College Food Pantry Receives United Way Donation
January 13, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — To help alleviate food insecurity at Middlesex Community College (MxCC), the Middlesex United Way donated $2,000 to the MxCC Foundation to support the Magic Food Bus, the college’s food pantry. The funds are a result of the Middletown Community Thanksgiving Project (MCTP) fundraising
- Middlesex Community College and Middletown WORKS Partner to Offer Career Opportunities for Low-Income Residents
January 11, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) announced a new partnership with Middletown WORKS, a Working Cities Challenge Initiative led by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. The career enrichment program is designed for continuing education students seeking educational success, with priority given to single parents,
- Middlesex Community College Engineering Students Collaborate Online with French University
January 8, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — During the Fall 2020 semester, students from Middlesex Community College (MxCC) and Université Paris-Saclay Polytech in France studied together virtually in an 11-week CT CLICKs course module called E3: Engineering Expertise Exchange.
The module was an integral part of the Introduction to Engineering
- MxCC in the Loop – December 2020
- December 5 is Super Saturday Registration at MxCC
Dec. 2, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College invites new and continuing students to attend their virtual Super Saturday Registration Event—a one-stop open registration event on Saturday, December 5. Online hours are from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
With spring semester classes starting on January 22, now is
- MxCC in the Loop – November 2020
- Middlesex Community College Veterinary Technology Program Fully Accredited
Nov. 23, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) announces the full accreditation of the veterinary technology program by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and its Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA).
“Middlesex Community College is one of three accredited veterinary technology programs in Connecticut.
- Middlesex Community College Foundation Honors Donors at Virtual Annual Meeting
Nov. 20, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.)—The Middlesex Community College Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of their donor recognition awards, presented during a virtual annual meeting on Thursday, Nov. 19, 2020. In addition to the awards presentation, the MxCC Foundation elected two new members of the board of directors
- Middlesex Community College Offers Virtual Orientation Program for New Students
Oct. 28, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College invites all new incoming transfer, non-degree, and first-time college students to participate in a virtual orientation program. The New Student Orientation, also known as NSO, is available now and until classes start in January 2021.
NSO serves as an introduction
- Stop & Shop Donates $5,500 to Middlesex Community College Food Pantry
Donation Will Provide Food and Other Essentials to Students Facing Food Insecurity
October 22, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.) — With many facing increased financial strain as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Stop & Shop today announced a $5,500 donation to the Middlesex Community College (MxCC) Magic Food Bus food
- MxCC in the Loop – October 2020
- Middlesex Community College Foundation Kicked Off Giving Season with Virtual Red Moon Fundraiser
Oct. 7, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.) — The Middlesex Community College Foundation presented its ninth annual Red Moon fundraiser—streamed live for the first time—on Saturday, Oct. 3, 2020. The virtual event kicked off the MxCC Foundation’s fall giving season, bringing together community members, alumni, faculty and staff to support scholarships
- MxCC Offers No-Cost Central Sterile Processing Technician Training
Oct. 2, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) announced a no-cost central sterile processing technician training course available for prospective students who qualify as unemployed or underemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic economic impact. The free accelerated program is funded by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic
- MxCC Foundation to Host Virtual Red Moon Fundraiser on October 3
You are invited to join the Middlesex Community College Foundation at a virtual Red Moon event on October 3, 2020, at 7 p.m. Help us kick off the 2020 giving season as we stream live on Facebook and YouTube for an evening of entertainment, prizes, and an all-around
- MxCC to Offer Virtual Manufacturing Information Sessions for Prospective Students
Sept. 10, 2020 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) announced a series of information sessions for students interested in a studying for a career in the manufacturing industry.
The virtual events will occur on September 22, October 20, November 17 and December 15. The Tuesday sessions will run