- MxCC in the Loop – October 2021
- Middlesex Community College Foundation Celebrates Festive Red Moon Fundraiser
Raffle tickets available. Click here for your chance to win prizes!
Oct. 6, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — The Middlesex Community College Foundation presented its 10th anniversary Red Moon Fest fundraiser on Saturday, Oct. 2, 2021. Held outdoors in the Grove area of the Middletown campus, the event brought together
- Middlesex Community College Moves Vet Tech Labs to New Pieper Location
Sept. 27, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College (MxCC) veterinary technology program labs have moved to the renovated Pieper Veterinary location on Berlin Street in Middletown.
“As both Pieper and the MxCC veterinary technology program have grown, the needs of both organizations have changed. While the original classroom
- Middlesex Community College and Meriden Public Schools Celebrate GEAR UP Week with Lt. Gov. Bysiewicz
Meriden, Conn. (Sept. 27, 2021) — On September 24, Connecticut Lt. Gov. Susan Bysiewicz visited Orville H. Platt High School in Meriden to recognize the GEAR UP college access grant program between Middlesex Community College (MxCC) and Meriden Public Schools.
GEAR UP, or Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for
- MxCC in the Loop – September 2021
- Middlesex Community College Foundation Names Middlesex Health CEO Honorary Chair for Red Moon Fest
Fundraiser to highlight radiologic technology program with Middlesex Health
Sept. 9, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College Foundation will host its 10th anniversary Red Moon Fest on October 2 at the Middletown campus, located on 100 Training Hill Road. The Red Moon Fest will begin at 6 p.m.
- COVID-19 vaccination clinic coming to Middlesex Community College
No-cost, walk-up vaccinations available to area residents
Connecticut’s COVID-19 vaccination vans are on the road and coming to Middlesex Community College, 100 Training Hill Road in Middletown, to provide no-cost, walk-up vaccinations to eligible individuals 12 years or older. The clinic is being held on September 14 from 1
- MxCC in the Loop – August 2021
- MxCC in the Loop – July 2021
- MxCC Professor Hits Home Runs Teaching Math
July 6, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — While some baseball fans are impressed with New York Mets pitcher Jacob deGrom’s 0.95 ERA (as of July 6), Stephen Krevisky, mathematics professor at Middlesex Community College, says it’s all relative.
“Pitchers don’t throw as many innings as they used to during the
- Commemorating Juneteenth
Juneteenth! A celebration in Middletown
“This national celebration of the many achievements of African-Americans has its historical roots in the date June 19, 1865, ‘when some 2,000 Union troops arrived in Galveston Bay, Texas. The army announced that the more than 250,000 enslaved Black people in the state, were free
- MxCC in the Loop – June 2021
- Pride Month: MxCC Students Promote Equality, Acceptance, and Knowledge
Middlesex Community College is proud to celebrate inclusivity!
MxCC LGBTQ+ students have found safe space with like-minded individuals through many supportive programs and activities as they navigate through their collegiate experiences.
For more than a decade, the campus club SPEAK (Students Promoting Equality, Acceptance and Knowledge) has brought LGBTQ+
- Middlesex Community College Honors Graduates with Commencement Events
June 1, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — Middlesex Community College recognized graduates from the class of 2021 with a three-day, in-person Congratulatory Cap and Gown Celebration on the Middletown campus, which culminated in an online commencement ceremony broadcasted on Friday, May 28, 2021, at 6 p.m.
In total, 364 students
- MxCC in the Loop – May 2021 Special
- Middlesex Community College Honors Top Students with Academic Awards
May 10, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — On May 7, 2021, Middlesex Community College (MxCC) presented a virtual Academic Awards Night video to recognize students for high achievement in each of the academic degree programs offered by the college. The award recipients included adult learners and students who began college
- Middlesex Community College Foundation Awards Scholarships to 84 Students
May 7, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — On Thursday, May 6, 2021, the Middlesex Community College (MxCC) Foundation conducted a virtual Scholarship Awards Ceremony and awarded 84 students scholarships totaling $85,950.
“The MxCC Foundation helps the college as a catalyst for making connections with businesses, nonprofits, local foundations and over
- American Job Center Partners with MxCC for Monthly Virtual Information Sessions
Students looking to seek new employment and career opportunities are invited to attend virtual information sessions with the American Job Center (Connecticut) on the second Tuesday of each month. The center also assists eligible credit and non-credit graduates with training scholarships.
The next session is on Tuesday, May 11
- Advanced Manufacturing Information Sessions at Middlesex Community College
Jump-start a career in manufacturing!
The Advanced Manufacturing program at Middlesex Community College is offering four virtual information sessions in May. Learn more about the degree and certificate programs, ask questions, and find out about the enrollment process—including financial aid, and grant and scholarship options. Students in this program
- Middlesex Community College Honor Society Inducts New Members and Receives Awards
April 29, 2021 (Middletown, Conn.) — The Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society chapter at Middlesex Community College inducted 42 new members during a virtual ceremony on Friday, April 23, 2021. In addition, the chapter announced recent regional and national awards, and highlighted two high-achieving members who were named