MedicalFieldCareers.com ranks the top 40 affordable healthcare schools and also announces a new scholarship program for students who attend the featured schools.
Vista, CA (August 31, 2018) — MedicalFieldCareers.com, a free online resource for students training for careers in healthcare, has announced its list of the Top 40 Affordable Healthcare Schools for 2018–19, and a new scholarship program for their students. Middlesex Community College in Middletown, Conn., placed No. 21 on the list. For details on the ranking methodology, please visit MedicalFieldCareers.com.
Middlesex Community College offers associate degree programs in health information management, ophthalmic design and dispensing, radiologic technician as well as a variety of continuing education health career programs such as certified nurse aide, emergency medical technician, patient care technician, pharmacy technician, and human services assistant.
The schools featured on MedicalFieldCareers.com Top 40 Affordable Healthcare Schools list are shown below.
1. Pickaway Ross Joint Vocational School District (Chillicothe, OH)
2. Davis Techical College (Kaysville, UT)
3. Southern Regional Technical College (Thomasville, GA)
4. Wiregrass Georgia Technical College (Valdosta, GA)
5. Albany Technical College (Albany, GA)
6. Olney Central College (Olney, IL)
7. Atlanta Technical College (Atlanta, GA)
8. Central Georgia Technical College (Warner Robins, GA)
9. Lincoln Trail College (Robinson, IL)
10. Bates Technical College (Tacoma, WA)
11. Spartanburg Community College (Spartanburg, South Carolina)
12. Coastal Pines Technical College (Waycross, GA)
13. George C Wallace Community College – Dothan (Dothan, AL)
14. Frontier Community College (Fairfield, IL)
15. Northeast Alabama Community College (Rainsville, AL)
16. Union County College (Cranford, NJ)
17. Carroll Community College (Westminster, MD)
18. Wabash Valley College (Mount Carmel, IL)
19. Georgia Northwestern Technical College (Rome, GA)
20. South Plains College (Levelland, TX)
21. Middlesex Community College (Middletown, CT)
22. Manchester Community College (Manchester, CT)
23. Erie Community College (Buffalo, NY)
24. Cleveland Community College (Shelby, NC)
25. Pickens Technical College (Aurora, CO)
26. College of San Mateo (San Mateo, CA)
27. Nassau Community College (Garden City, NY)
28. Middlesex Community College (Bedford, MA)
29. Baltimore City Community College (Baltimore, MD)
30. Lansing Community College (Lansing, MI)
31. North Central State College (Mansfield, OH)
32. Florence-Darlington Technical College (Florence, SC)
33. Camden County College (Blackwood, NJ)
34. St. Clair County Community College (Port Huron, MI)
35. City Colleges of Chicago – Richard J Daley College (Chicago, IL)
36. New River Community and Technical College (Beaver, WV)
37. Central Virginia Community College (Lynchburg, VA)
38. Morton College (Cicero, IL)
39. Washtenaw Community College (Ann Arbor, MI)
40. Gadsden State Community College (Gadsden, AL)
“As soon as we compiled our list of the Top 40 Affordable Healthcare Schools in the country, we realized that we wanted to do something more to bring recognition to these fine institutions,” said Matt Bromley, MedicalFieldCareers.com owner and webmaster. “There are so many people out there who would like to work in healthcare, but think that they can’t afford the required education. By offering a $500 scholarship to students who attend one of the schools on our list, we’re making it possible for one lucky student to receive a quality education at a very minimal cost.”
The MedicalFieldCareers.com Top 40 Scholarship awards $500 to a current or future student at any of the featured schools who submits the best 500-word essay on the healthcare career he or she is pursuing.
Additional eligibility requirements for the award are that the applicant must be 1) at least 18 years of age, 2) have completed high school or the G.E.D., and 3) be enrolled in a healthcare program for the Fall 2019 semester at one of the schools featured on MedicalFieldCareers.com’s list of Top 40 Affordable Healthcare Schools.
Applications for the MedicalFieldCareers.com Top 40 Affordable Healthcare Schools Scholarship may be submitted online anytime between September 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019. The winner will be chosen during the first week in May 2019, and will be notified via email by May 15, 2019.
MedicalFieldCareers.com is an online provider of free information on healthcare career training, certification requirements, and salary and employment outlooks by region. All data featured on the site is pulled from official U.S. Government sources. All training programs and educational institutions featured on the site are accredited by major national accrediting bodies.
Since 1966, Middlesex Community College has provided high-quality, affordable, and accessible education to a diverse population, enhancing the strengths of individuals through degree, certificate, and lifelong learning programs that lead to university transfer, employment, and an enriched awareness of our shared responsibilities as global citizens. A part of the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities system, MxCC offers more than 65 degree or certificate programs at the main 35-acre campus in Middletown, MxCC@Platt in Meriden, and online.