Online Bookkeeper Training
Become a Certified Bookkeeper
If you want to advance your bookkeeping career, earning a Certified Bookkeeper credential from the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB) is a crucial step. This 100% online course will fully prepare you for the AIPB Certified Bookkeeper exam. You will also learn advanced bookkeeping techniques with Microsoft Excel and be ready to pass the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert exam for Excel 2019.
Job Outlook for Bookkeepers
- According to PayScale.com, bookkeepers earn on average $17.37 per hour. Top bookkeepers’ earnings exceed $56,900.
- com cites bookkeeping skills as highly transferable to financial supervisory, analysis or managerial roles. The site calls bookkeeper an “ideal choice” for those who are motivated to keep organizations on track with regard to their finances.
- Technology is highly relevant to the bookkeeper’s role. Mastery of bookkeeping software applications is the key to matching bookkeeping skills with expanding requirements for analysis, visual data presentation and reporting that provides value-added to the traditional bookkeeper’s duties.
Certified Bookkeeper FAQs
- Prepare to take and pass the Certified Bookkeeper (CB) exam, offered by the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers
- Prepare to take and pass the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert exam for Excel 2019 (MO-201)
- Understand eligibility requirements, code of ethics, and maintenance requirements for bookkeeper certification
- Apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods and trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions
- Record book and tax depreciation, using various methods of calculating depreciation
- Perform basic payroll duties, including paying wages, handling payroll deposits and reporting taxes
- Know how to value inventory, record costs, make entries and report inventory on financial statements
This course is designed for experienced bookkeepers with at least two years of work experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
Wade Lindenberger is a CPA with over 20 years of financial accounting and management experience in public accounting and private industry. He is currently Director of Finance and Administration for New Children’s Museum. Before his current position, he worked as the National Finance and Accounting Service Line Leader for Premier Alliance Group, a national professional services firm. Wade was also Director of the Finance and Accounting service line for the San Diego office of a global, publicly held professional services firm. He has previously served as an instructor for courses at Coopers & Lybrand and at the University of California at San Diego for the Extension Course and is currently an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego School of Business.
Helene K. Liatsos
Helene K. Liatsos is business advisor and QuickBooks Certified Advisor with more than 25 years of experience. She consults for a range of companies, from travel agencies to startups. Her company Home Office Management Experts was awarded the 2004 Home-Based Business of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Helene holds a Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Tracy Berry has been a programmer and technical consultant since 1993. She has been involved in several large corporate software rollouts and helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. Tracy is a CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) and specializes in reporting and productivity applications, graphics, desktop publishing and web design.