Join us for a Manufacturing, STEM, and Health Careers Info Session
on Saturday, April 27!
Learn more here.
Associate in Science Degree
The Radiologic Technology Program prepares students for entry level employment as radiologic technologists in hospitals and medical offices. It is offered as an academic program by Middlesex Community College in collaboration with Middlesex Hospital. General education courses are held at the College, while those courses requiring specialized laboratories, equipment, and hands-on practical experience are held at Middlesex Healthcare system facilities. The curriculum covers a 22-month period, including a 5 month internship (Jan-May).
Enrollment in the program is restricted by clinical facility capacity as per JRCERT accreditation guidelines.
Applicants must first meet the general college admissions procedures (see college catalog). Once these requirements are met, the applicant must provide the college with the following information by March 22, 2019: a one-page biography stating goals/reasons for program entry, and present the Observation/Documentation Form demonstrating completion of a two hour program observation at an imaging department within a hospital facility. In addition, college applicants need a 2.7 GPA for all college work. A grade of C+ or better taken within the past five years is required in Anatomy & Physiology I & II. Final admission procedures for candidate selection involves an interview with an interview committee and a personal background check, which is a hospital requirement to do clinical training at Middlesex Health Care System facilities. Admission to the college does NOT GUARANTEE admission to the radiology technology program.
The Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182. https://www.jrcert.org/
DOWNLOADABLE PROGRAM FORMS & DOCUMENTS:
- Radiologic Technology Program Handbook
- Fall 2019 Radiologic Technology Information Packet
- Fall 2019 Radiologic Technology Application
- Rad Tech Program Effectiveness Data
- Rad Tech Program Accreditation Status 2016
- Rad Tech Program Handbook and Student Manual, 2016-2018
- Rad Tech Program Handbook and Student Manual, 2017-2019
- Rad Tech Graduation Checklist: Effective Fall 2016
- Rad Tech Graduation Checklist: Effective Fall 2017
- ARRT Standards of Ethics
- MxCC School of Radiologic Technology Observation Form 2019
- Rad Tech Observation Health Form (Middlesex Hospital Sites)