Becoming Connecticut State Community College
A merger of Connecticut’s 12 community colleges is underway. Connecticut State Community College (CT State), a statewide college comprised of all Connecticut’s current community college locations, plans to open its doors in the Fall 2023. Here are some important facts students need to know:
- the final commencement ceremony for Middlesex Community College is scheduled for May 2023. Ceremonies will continue to be held at each location as campuses of CT State.
- as a part of the planned merger, students continuing their studies beyond the Summer 2023 term will be matched with the CT State program that most closely aligns with their Spring 2023 major and is offered at the Middlesex location,
- students who begin an Associate degree program in January 2023 will complete their degree at the merged college, Connecticut State Community College,
- credit certificate students should consult with their advisor – the sequence and number of required program credits will determine whether your completion date will be before or after the merger,
- in all cases, the College is committed to students completing their education with a minimum of disruption and staying in touch with your advisor/program coordinator is essential,
- further details can be found and will be updated on the Frequently Asked Questions page: www.ct.edu/ctstate/academics.