Basic Life support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest and is a crucial skill set for healthcare professionals, including nurses, doctors, and emergency medical technicians. This four-hour course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, focusing on high-quality CPR and team dynamics. Upon completion of this four-hour certification course, you will receive your Healthcare Provider certification e-card, valid for two years, by email within 20 days. This certification is a national certification.
In This Course You’ll Learn To:
- Demonstrate the basic steps of BLS, including identifying an emergency situation, calling for help and providing chest compressions and rescue breaths
- Explain the underlying principles of BLS, including the importance of early recognition and intervention in cardiac arrest, the mechanics of chest compressions and rescue breaths, and the different roles of team members in an emergency situation
- Apply your knowledge of BLS to different scenarios, including responding to cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants, and dealing with choking and other respiratory emergencies
- Analyze the effectiveness of BLS interventions in real-world situations, and identify factors that may influence outcomes, such as team communication, equipment availability, and patient characteristics
- Evaluate your own performance in BLS, and identify areas for improvement in your skills and knowledge
- Discuss new BLS protocols and procedures, based on your understanding of best practices and emerging research, and take into account the specific needs and resources of your own work environment.
Upcoming Courses for Spring 2024: Now Enrolling!
Basic Life Support and CPR | CRN: 81610 | Fee: $125 | Class will take place in-person on Thursday, March 15th 2024 from 9a.m. to 5p.m. | Location: Snow Hall 509 | Instructor: Rick Siena
Registration is not guaranteed until payment is received or 3rd party payment is confirmed.
Upon registration, you will receive an email from Mx-WorkforceDevelopment@MxCC.edu, and in that email, we will include instructions for payment.
Instructions for Making Payments Online
Please click here for step-by-step instructions on how to make payments online. These instructions work for both credit and non-credit (continuing education) courses.
A full tuition refund can be made if you withdraw from your course at least one working day before the course start date. Once the course has started, refunds are only provided under special circumstances and require a written request to the Workforce Development and Continuing Education Office. They are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. A refund is not guaranteed.