The following workshops and will help you get your English and math skills up to college level at no additional cost before the fall semester.
Get the help you need quickly with these short, intensive workshops during the summer break.
Did you place into English 096, 093, or ALP? Take an MxCC Fast-Track Workshop!
These FREE two-week non-credit workshops are designed to improve your reading and writing skills, and allow you the chance to move up to a higher level English course!
Register by consulting your academic advisor or by contacting Enrollment Services: MX-EnrollmentServices@mxcc.commnet.edu.
For workshop-related questions, contact Emily DeToro: firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-343-5862.
Summer 2023 English Workshops
- May 22–June 2 (M-F) | TRAD, SNOW 415 | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. | CRN# 2117 Note: No Class on Memorial Day (5/29)
- August 7–18 (M-F) | TRAD, SNOW 415 | 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. | CRN# 2118
- August 7–18 (M-F) | ONLINE | CRN# 2119
You are eligible if you are a student who…
- did not place into a college-level English course (ENG 101E or ENG 101).
- did not do well in ENG 096 or 093 and need to repeat the course.
- has never taken a workshop or has taken only one workshop prior.
This class requires…
- accessible placement scores (Accuplacer, SAT, or GPA).
- an ability to log onto MyCommNet and Blackboard. (Microsoft TEAMS recommended.)
- at least 75% completion of all assigned work. Students who meet the completion policy have the opportunity to take the assessment at the end of the workshop. This assessment will determine a student’s (new) course placement.
Winter 2022: Math Fast-Tracks
- CRN 4023 January 3-13 MTWRF 12:30-3:00 pm LRON
- CRN 4024 January 3-13 MTWRF 6:00 -8:30 pm LRON
These free non-credit math workshops are designed to improve student’s arithmetic and elementary algebra skills and allow them the chance to move up to a higher-level math course!
Students are eligible if they…
- Did not place into a college-level math course (MAT 137E or MAT 137)
- Did not do well in MAT 095I/095 and need to repeat the course
This class requires:
- An ability to log onto mycommnet, Blackboard and MyOpenMath
- At least 75% completion of all assigned work
Students who meet or exceed the completion policy will be given the opportunity to take a placement assessment at the end of the workshop.
2) Assess placement criteria (Accuplacer, SAT, high school GPA) to target transitional or developmental students. Please ask students to have this information handy for the instructor when the workshop begins.
3) Highlight that the online workshops require the use of MyCommNet and Blackboard. Directions for getting started with these platforms are available in the links below:
How to log onto MyCommNet: https://mxcc.edu/distance/how-to-log-on/
How to use Blackboard: https://mxcc.edu/distance2/orientation/