Log On to Online, Hybrid, or Blackboard Enhanced Classes
Important Notice: You log on to online, hybrid, or Blackboard enhanced classes via MyCommNet. Scheduled downtime will be posted at MyCommNet log in page.
NetID : BannerID@student.commnet.edu
Do not know your NetID? Click here to find out.
Password: The same password to log on to a campus computer at any of 12 Connecticut community colleges.
If you have never logged on to a campus computer, your initial password is a combination of your first 3 letters of birth month (capitalize the first letter), & (shift+7), and last four – digit of your social security number.
For example, if you are born in April and the last four – digit of your social security number is 4575, then your initial password is Apr&4575 (case sensitive).
After you have logged on with the initial password, you will be prompted to change to a new password. The new password MUST have 8 or more characters and satisfy 3 of the 4 rules as follows:
* Upper case
* Lower case
* Special character
One example of a new password is Flower18 (case sensitive). Remember; do not use your name or birthday in the new password.
4. Access Blackboard
Once you are in myCommNet, click on Blackboard at the right panel. Click on your course name. To go to another course, click on My Institution (upper right) and click on the course name. For students, a registered course will be listed in My Institution starting seven days prior to the first day of a semester.
You have logged on to myCommNet but could not get to a Blackboard course, click here for help information under Scenario 1.
5. Reset Password (We do not reset password over phone.)
(1) Reset password on your own at https://bor.ct.ed/netid/password.aspx
(2) Stop by the following offices with your photo ID or call the following offices (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm) to make your request.
- Distance Learning, Chapman Hall 701 – College Library, 860-343-5756
- IT Service, Wheaton Hall 304, 860-343–5711
- Record’s Office, Founders Hall 153, 860–343-5724
(3) Call the support center at (860) – 723 -0221 at any time.
6. Change Password
Your NetID password will be valid for 90 days. When a password expires, you will be prompted to change to a new password. Before your password expires, you may change your password via Email or Answering Security Questions.