MxCC provides technology resources to keep students connected to the college and provide online support in various academic capacities. To access technology resources such as campus computers, wireless network, student email, MyCommNet, Student Self-Service, Blackboard, and library online resource, you need a NetID and password.
MyCommNet is an entry point to access Student Self-Service, Student Email, Blackboard, and Library Databases. For example, myCommNet gives you access to:- final grades, registration, transcripts, course search, course schedule, textbook, course evaluation, Blackboard courses, financial aid awards and history, billing records and history, library database access from off-campus, and more!
Located within myCommnet, Student Self-service enables students to access course schedules, textbook information, register for classes, view financial aid history, course evaluation, check final grades, and more. Sign into myCommNet to access Student Self-service. Click on the Banner Student/Faculty Self-Service link at upper right. This will bring you to a page to choose a college. Click on Middlesex Community College, you will see a group of links. Click a link to view records. Follow these simple steps for Registration, Final Grades, and Student Transcript using myCommNet.-Logon to my.commnet.edu using your NetIDandPassword.
- Click on Banner Self-Service icon at upper right.
- Click on Middlesex Community College.
- For Registration, click on REGISTRATION/SCHEDULE.
- For Course Schedule/Textbook, click on REGISTRATION/SCHEDULE. Click on Student Schedule. Select a term (semester), select a course CRN, click on Submit. Click on Textbook Info link to check textbook for a course.
- For Grades or Transcripts, click on STUDENT RECORDS.
- a. Click on Grades/Registration History, you will see grades for all the courses you took.
- b. Click on Transcripts, at the bottom of the page, you may choose options of requesting official eTranscript or Paper Transcript, or Request Unofficial Transcript.
- For Course Evaluation, click on REGISTRATION/SCHEDULE and then Evaluate Your Courses.* This link is active about three weeks before the last day of a semester.
- Under a course you would like to evaluate, click on Evaluate Course. Answer the questions and click on Submit Evaluation.
Click Logout (upper right) to exit from the web site.
Student College Email top
Upon registration, you will receive an official college email address (email@example.com) to which all college-based communications will be sent. Click here here for the instruction with screen captures.
To access your college email,
- Go to my.commnet.edu
- Enter your NetID (BannerID@student.commnet.edu) and password, click Login.
- Once you are in myCommNet, click on the email icon at the upper right corner of the page.
- Type your NetID in the Username box and click on Password box. You will be redirected to a pop-up window.
- Enter your NetID and Password, and click on OK.
- If prompted, type your NetID and password again and click on Login. You will see Microsoft 365 home page. Click on Outlook to view your emails in Inbox. top
* Please be aware that all college-based communications will use your student college email. Please check your college email often.
For assistance with student emails, go to https://cscu.edusupportcenter.com or call 860-723-0221 (24x7x365)
Office 365, a suite of online services are available to all registered students.
- Office 365 Email: Email account with 25 GB (gigabytes) of storage, calendaring, contact info, to-do lists, etc.
- Office 365 ProPlus: The Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote which you can install on up to 5 devices including Macs, PCs, and tablets with Android, Windows, and even iPads and iPhones.
- MS Teams: Instant messaging, online audio and video calls and meetings, screen sharing, and integration with Office apps such as Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- OneDrive for Business: Store, sync, and share your files online. As part of Office 365, OneDrive for Business provides 1TB of online storage, lets you update and share your files from anywhere, and work collaboratively on Office documents with others at the same time.
You can access Office 365 two different ways:
- Login directly on the Microsoft Online Portal.
For MxCC students, you can download MS Office Applications for free of charge. Logon on to portal.office.com with your NetID and password. Click on “Install Office” at the upper right corner of the page. You will follow the step-by-step instruction to install MS Office Applications to your computer.
Additional information can be found on the Office 365 Support Site.
Through myCommNet, you can access MxCC Library holdings and can search for books and videos at MxCC and throughout the State. You can also access the online databases, which can be used to find academic journal articles in a wide variety of subject areas. Follow these simple steps to access Library Databases via myCommNet:-Go to my.commnet.edu.
-Login using your NetIDandPassword.
-Click on the My Library Info Tab.
-Choose Middlesex Community College Library. Click on Find Books & Videos icon to look for books or videos. Click on Find Articles icon to look for research articles. Scroll down to view an entire list of library databases. Click a database name to perform a search. More information about library databases can be found at the MxCC Library site.
All credit courses and some non-credit courses at MxCC have an online course site supported by Blackboard System. All MxCC online/hybrid courses are supported on Blackboard. On-ground professors also use Blackboard to host files (syllabus, PowerPoints, etc.), send class announcements and emails, and for submission of assignments and exams. Follow these steps to access your Blackboard classes using myCommNet:
- Go to my.commnet.edu.
- Login using your NetIDandPassword.
- Click on the Blackboard icon (upper right corner or middle-right panel). Popup blockers need to be disabled.
- Click on a course name. You will be brought to the course entry page.
- Once the Blackboard window opens, we suggest you log out of myCommNet to avoid timeout messages while working in Blackboard. Minimize the Blackboard window, and click Logout (upper-right) in the myCommNet window.
- To access another course, click My Institution tab (upper right) and then click the course name.
MxCC’s Virtual site for information on campus events and announcements, Blackboard orientations, Blackboard tools practice areas, and links to tutoring and MxCC services!- Log in at my.commnet.edu with NetIDandPassword.
- Click on the Blackboard icon at upper-right. Popup blockers need to be disabled.
- Click MxCC- Virtual Campus- Campus Activities and Blackboard Orientations link. The Virtual Campus link is available around the second week of a semester.
Every MxCC student and instructor is enrolled in the Blackboard course MxCC Library Research Help. Here you can find:- How to access the library resources from home
- Information about library services for distance learners
- Online research tutorials
- How to contact the library for help
Here’s how to access:
- Login at my.commnet.edu with NetID and password.
- Click on the Blackboard icon at upper right. Popup blockers need to be disabled.
- Click on MxCC Library Research Help. The Library Research Help link is available around the second week of a semester.
Stuck on a math problem? Need an expert to help you with your research paper? Having trouble with your homework?
Online Tutoring can help! And, it’s FREE! Online Tutoring in Math and English. Leave your English essay and a tutor will respond within 48 hours. You may also schedule an online tutoring session with our tutor via WebEx.
To access this service, log onto my.commnet.ed. Click on Blackboard icon. Click on MxCC Virtual Campus: Student Activities and Academic Resources. Click on Online Tutoring link on the left panel. You will see the step-by-step instruction.
Computer labs are available on the Middletown campus and the Platt High School Media Center. Computer lab hours are determined on a semester basis. Open hours are posted in labs. Computers can be used by any student who has an active NetIDandPassword.
- Wheaton 305- Open Computer Lab with PCs and Macs
- Snow 412 – Open Mac Lab
- Chapman- 610 & 612 Mac Labs on a scheduled basis-open hours posted.
Library/Learning Commons-Open access area with PCs and Macs and classrooms as posted.
All buildings in Middletown campus have a secured wireless network that requires you to log on with your NetID and password. You may use your laptops or mobile devices in any buildings.
- PC labs and Mac lab
Located in the college library, Pegasus Green is a learning space with six rooms supported by Connecticut Board of Regents’ 21st Century Classroom Funds. Its purpose is to provide physical and virtual learning environments for faculty, students, and staff to encourage collaborations, explore emerging technologies, and inspire academic excellence. Equipped with modern technologies, the rooms maybe used by groups or individuals in developing and rehearsing presentations, video recording and production, virtual orientations, training and tutoring, web conferencing, and overall green initiatives.
To book a room, contact a library staff at the library front desk, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 860-343-5830. For detailed room features, please go to Pegasus Green site.