Log On to Online, Hybrid, or Blackboard Enhanced Classes
Important Notice: Before you are attempting to log onto MyCommNet or Blackboard, please click here to view the scheduled downtime for MyCommNet and Blackboard. You log on to online, hybrid, or Blackboard enhanced classes via MyCommNet.
1. Open a web browser.
2. Go to my.commnet.edu.
3. Enter your NetID and password, click Login. Disable pop-up blockers to ensure myCommNet function correctly.
NetID : BannerID@student.commnet.edu
Do not know your NetID? Click here to find out.
Password: The same password to log on to a campus computer at any of 12 Connecticut community colleges.
If you have never logged on to a campus computer, the initial password is a combination of your first 3 letters of birth month (capitalize the first letter), & (shift+7), and last four digits of your social security number.
For example, if you are born in April and the last four digits of your social security number are 4575, then your initial password is Apr&4575 (case sensitive).
After you logon with the initial password, you will be prompted to change to a new password. The new password MUST have 8 or more characters and satisfy 3 of the 4 rules as follows:
* Upper case
* Lower case
* Special character
One example of a new password is Flower17 (case sensitive). Remember; do not use your name or birthday in the new password.
4. Access Blackboard
Once you are in myCommNet, click on Blackboard at the right panel. Click on your course name. To go to another course, click on My Institution (upper right) and click on the course name. For students, a registered course will be listed in My Institution starting seven days prior to the first day of a semester.
You have logged on to myCommNet but could not get to a Blackboard course, click here for help information under Scenario 1.
5. Reset Password (We do not reset password over phone.)
(1) Reset password on your own at https://bor.ct.ed/netid/password.aspx
(2) Stop by the following offices with your photo ID or call the following offices (Mon-Fri, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm) to make your request.
- Distance Learning, Founders Hall 131/131A, 860-343-5756
- IT Service, Wheaton Hall 304, 860-343–5711
- Record’s Office, Founders Hall 153, 860–343-5724
- Meriden Center, (203) 608-3050
6. Change Password
Logon to my.commnet.edu, click Change Password (top-left).