Your Path to Success
Middlesex Community College (Middletown, Connecticut) offers a variety of online distance learning classes, credit or non-credit, as well as fully online Career Training Programs. With a wide variety of fully credit online courses, students are able to complete an Associate Degree in General Studies – Liberal Arts focus. These credit online classes are supported on Blackboard Learn course management system and run throughout a regular semester during spring, summer, fall, and winter. Financial Aids are available for students to take credit online courses. In partnership with Ed2Go, we also offer more than 100 Career Training Programs and 500+ non-credit online courses. Career training online programs usually last 3- 9 months starting immediately after you sign up. Non-credit online courses start on the third Wednesday of a month and last for six weeks. You can take an online class 24/7– anywhere, anytime without coming to our campuses.
- Spring 2017 semester will start on Thursday, January 19th and end on Monday May 15th. Most online courses start on January 19th but some courses has a different schedule. Please check the Spring 2017 course list for starting and ending dates. Click here to learn how to get started with online learning.
- Registration to Spring 2017 credit online courses is on-going. Register early since seats are taken quickly Click here for registration information.
- Non-credit courses start on the third Wednesday of a month and last for six weeks. Click here for course catalog, registration, and log on information.
- An online Career Training program can start at anytime and lasts 3-9 months upon registration. Click here for more information.
- Are you ready for learning online? Take the SmarterMeasure (READI) test to find out.
- SNEAK PEAK: Get an inside look at a MxCC online class. (Video)
- Note1: The Blackboard weekly maintenance is on Fridays, 2:00 am – 6:00 am, and during this time, the system will be down.
- Note2: Click here to check MyCommNet/Blackboard scheduled downtime.
Log On Information for Online Courses in Blackboard Learn
- Open a web browser.
- Go to my.commnet.edu.
- Enter your NetID and password, click Login.
NetID : BannerID@student.commnet.edu,
Do not know your NetID? Click here to find out.
Password: The same password to log on to a campus computer at any of 12 Connecticut community colleges.If you have never logged on to a campus computer, the initial password is a combination of your first 3 letters of birth month (capitalize the first letter), & (shift+7), and last four digit of your social security number.For example, if you are born in April and the last four digits of your social security number are 4575, then your initial password is Apr&4575 (case sensitive).After you logon with the initial password, you will be prompted to change to a new password. The new password MUST have 8 or more characters and satisfy 3 of the 4 rules as follows: Upper case, Lower case, Numbers, and Special character (Example: Flower2016). Having trouble logging on? Click here for help.
4. Access Blackboard
Once you are in myCommNet, click on Blackboard icon at upper right. You will be on the My Institution page. Due to a system upgrade, students will see their Spring 2017 courses on January 18th if they registered a course starting January 19th. For late start courses, Seven days before the first day, your course will be listed on My Institution page. Click on the course title, you will see help contact, orientation, and tutorials. To go to another course, click on My Institution (upper right) and click on the course title.
Follow MxCC Distance Learning on Facebook
Ticket Submission: Log on with your ID and password and use “Ask a Question”.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Need assistance with
Online courses, Blackboard, or MyCommNet, contact Distance Learning.
Location: Chapman 702/703, Middletown Campus
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.