Your Path to Success
Middlesex Community College (Middletown, Connecticut) offers a variety of online distance learning classes, credit or non-credit courses. With a wide variety of fully credit online courses, students are able to complete an Associate Degree in General Studies – Liberal Arts focus. These credit online classes are supported on Blackboard Learn course management system and run throughout a regular semester during spring, summer, fall, and winter. We also offer more than 500 non-credit online courses via Ed2go.com and the courses start on the third Wednesday of a month and last for six weeks. You can take an online class 24/7– anywhere, anytime without coming to our campuses.
- Fall 2014 semester starts on August 27th, click here to learn how to get started with online learning.
- Registration to Fall credit online courses will be closed on August 27th. Click here for registration information.
- Registration to non-credit online courses is on-going. Non-credit courses start on the third Wednesday of a month and last for six weeks. Click here for course catalog, registration, and log on information.
- Are you ready for learning online? Take the SmarterMeasure (READI) test to find out.
- SNEAK PEAK: Get an inside look at a MxCC online class. (Video)
- Note1: The Blackboard weekly maintenance is on Fridays, 2:00 am – 6:00 am, and during this time, the system will be down.
- Note2: Click here to check MyCommNet/Blackboard scheduled downtime.
Log On Information for Online Courses in Blackboard Learn
- Open a web browser.
- Go to my.commnet.edu.
- Enter your NetID and password, click Login.
NetID : BannerID@student.commnet.edu,
Do not know your NetID? Click here to find out.
Password: The same password to log on to a campus computer at any of 12 Connecticut community colleges.If you have never logged on to a campus computer, the initial password is a combination of your first 3 letters of birth month (capitalize the first letter), & (shift+7), and last four digit of your social security number.For example, if you are born in April and the last four digits of your social security number are 4575, then your initial password is Apr&4575 (case sensitive).After you logon with the initial password, you will be prompted to change to a new password. The new password MUST have 8 or more characters and satisfy 3 of the 4 rules as follows: Upper case, Lower case, Numbers, and Special character (Example: Flower2014). Having trouble logging on? Click here for help.
4. Access Blackboard
Once you are in myCommNet, click Blackboard icon at upper right. Click on your course name. To go to another course, click My Institution (upper right) and click on the course name. Seven days before the first day of a course, the course will be available in Blackboard with orientation, help information, and tutorials.
Ticket Submission: Log on with your ID and password and use “Ask a Question”.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Need assistance with
Online courses, Blackboard, or MyCommNet, contact Distance Learning.
Location: Founders 131/131A, Middletown Campus
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.