Please submit all application requirements to Corey Martell by March 1.
To be considered for a scholarship or award opportunity, a student must be a new or returning MxCC student who plans to register for a minimum of 6 credits in the fall semester of an academic year. Note: Some scholarships are designated for students who will graduate in May from MxCC. Graduating students who plan to transfer to a four-year higher education institution are eligible to apply. All Middlesex Community College Foundation scholarships are made available to MxCC students from generous individuals, businesses, civic organizations, corporations, and income generated at special Foundation events. Annually, the application process begins in December of the fall semester, and culminates with the announcement of scholarship recipients near the end of the spring semester.
- A completed online Scholarship Application form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MxCCScholarshipForm
- Two online recommendation forms:
- Current MxCC students – one must be completed by an MxCC faculty or staff member.
- New students – one must be completed by a high school teacher or guidance counselor if you are still in high school, or a recent high school graduate.
- Recommendations from from relatives and friends will not be considered.
- Click here to access the recommendation form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MxCCRecommendationForm
- The following items should be submitted to Corey Martell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org hardcopy at MxCC-Founders Hall room 105, 100 Training Hill Road, Middletown, CT 06457.
- A copy of your current MxCC transcript from Banner Self Service or high school transcript, if you are an entering student. If you are currently enrolled at MxCC and this is your first semester, provide the Mid-term Grade Report for all classes in which you are enrolled, in place of a transcript. Click here for the Mid-Term Grade Report.
- A double-spaced, typed essay (two-page maximum) describing why you should be considered for a scholarship, your goals, and what motivates you to succeed
- Scholarship recipients are expected to attend the Scholarship Awards Night on May 6, 2020.
In 2020, 86 scholarships totaling $82,200 were awarded to eligible students. This program depends upon donations from generous individuals, businesses, civic organizations, alumni, and charitable foundations, along with annual fundraising events such as the Red Moon Gala and the Cap and Gown 5K. Recipients are selected by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee. For more information about the scholarship process, please contact Corey Martell at 860-343-5701.