Please submit all applications to Corey Martell in the Presidents Founders Hall Room 105 by March 1, 2018
Eligibility: To be considered for a scholarship or award opportunity, a student must be a new or returning MxCC student who plans to register for a minimum of 6 credits in the fall semester of an academic year. Note: Some scholarships are designated for students who will graduate in May from MxCC. Graduating students who plan to transfer to a four-year higher education institution are eligible to apply,All Middlesex Community College Foundation scholarships are made available to MXCC students from generous individuals, businesses, civic organizations, corporations, and income generated at special Foundation events. Annually, the application process begins in December of the Fall semester, and culminates with the announcement of Scholarship recipients near the end of the spring semester.
- A completed Scholarship Application form, posted at Fillable Scholarship Application and Checklist 2018
- A copy of your current MxCC transcript from Banner Self Service or high school transcript, if you are an entering student.
- If this is your first semester at MxCC, provide the Mid-term Grade Report for all classes in which you are enrolled, in place of a transcript.
- Two Scholarship Application Recommendation Forms. One recommendation must be completed by a current MxCC faculty or staff member, or, if you are entering, a high school teacher or guidance counselor. Recommendations from relatives and friends will not be considered.
- A double-spaced, typed essay, two-page maximum describing why you should be considered for a scholarship, your goals, and what motivates you to succeed.
- Scholarship Recipients will be expected to attend the Scholarship Awards Night in Spring 2018.
To access the scholarship application and other required documents Click Here “Scholarship Application 2018”
In 2017, $71,400 in scholarships were awarded to 77 eligible students. This program depends upon donations from generous individuals, businesses, civic organizations, alumni, and charitable foundations, along with annual fundraising events such as the Red Moon Gala and the Cap and Gown Road Race. Recipients are selected by the Foundation’s Scholarship Committee. For more information about the 2018 scholarship process, please contact Corey Martell at 860.343.5701 or Cheryl Dumont-Smith at 860.343.5869.